Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'VE GOT A SICK OBSESSION...





Could it be the deliciously filling $1.50 tacos at Marix in West Hollywood? The $3.95 freshly made margaritas at El Criollo in Van Nuys? Or is it the rush I get when I vigorously shake my iphone to see the randomly picked Happy Hour that my cool app, conveniently called, Happy Hours displays??

Look, I don't have one solid answer. All I know is, I have an obsession with Happy Hour!! I am constantly finding myself opening the app just to be nosey and see what cool offers are going on that I can not get to. Since my foot surgery, my outings have been limited and maybe that's another reason I get so excited by the cheap thrills of Happy Hour. It's unexplainable and it's almost frustrating at the same time. But boy do I love it.

The first step is admitting you have a problem. But do I? Is it so wrong to want to find two or sometimes three hours of bliss everyday? The crazy part? Half the time, I don't even go to the happy hours, I just go through the list and my eyes light up and that's an accomplishment in itself. I get off on the app!!! Maybe that came out wrong. You get what I'm trying to say, right? (blushing)

I am a young woman living in LA who frequently travels and this app has done wonders for my palate, not to mention my social life. When family is in town to visit or I have a meeting to take, I shake the app and like magic, a wonderful location appears. I've opened newbies eyes to great things. Half price appetizers, 2 for 1 drinks and fun atmospheres.

The point of this write up is to now open your eyes!! Take a chance and DON'T fight the addiction. Yes, passerby's may think you're crazy when you shake your iphone or jump for joy over the $7 tapas at the normally pricey Crustacean in Beverly Hills. But in the words of my Aunt, "They're just jealous!"

Oh and I didn't even mention the great part... the app is absolutely FREE!!! Yes, you too can lose your marbles and reap the benefits of this marvel called Happy Hour for nothing!!! To tempt you even more I've added photos from different Happy Hours.

So in the end I'm not crazy!!! Obsessed? YES! I've made being frugal cool! I love a great bargain! If I can get a whole meal and drinks for under $10, I'm the winner here, folks! Hop aboard the train. I won't judge you. We all have a sick obsession and I'm not afraid to admit mine. So there!


El Criollo - $3.95 (margarita & fresh muddled strawberry colada)


El Criollo - Picadillo Beef, rice & beans, plantains (full price but DELICIOUS)

Borracho Cantina - 2 for 1 on ALL drinks plus complimentary chips and salsa (this is a freshly muddled jalapeno margarita)


NOW GO GET THE DAMN APP!! OR GET OVER TO: HAPPY HOUR

No comments:

Post a Comment