Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Moonwalk


It's 15 minutes past midnight and I am wide awake. Seeing as how my vigilante days are over, my nights now consist of playing Scrabble on the iphone. Don't judge me. Tonight, nothing has changed except I am simultaneously playing and searching online for the latest news of the world. I came across a title that read: 'MJ fans plan one-minute dance to mark anniversary of Jackson's death' I was immediately drawn to the article.

It seems like just yesterday I was performing for the first time at YoYo in London. I had just finished my set, downed a shot of tequila and then I got the news. Michael Jackson had passed away. It was as if time had stood still and my heart had crumbled into tiny pieces all over the basement floor. I never had the chance to meet Michael or go to a concert but I, like so many people around the world had that special connection with him. He was the man!! The King of Pop.

I had those sparkly socks when I was just a small child. I can't help but wonder why no one got me those sparkly gloves? My parents will be getting a call about that. Anyhow that is besides the point. Michael was an icon. His legacy touched so many and he left an imprint that will never fade.

The article from News Of The World said fans from all over the world will participate in a one-minute moonwalk tribute to the King of Pop. A fan said, "We didn't think a Minute's Silence would be the right way to remember the King of Pop. So, at 9.30pm on June 25th, we'll be doing a Minute's Moonwalk."

I think this is a brilliant idea and much more fitting than a moment of silence. The fans pulling together to make this happen have also started a facebook group (FacebookMoonwalk) which allows you to join and take part in the remembrance.

I have NEVER been able to moonwalk BUT I will definitely make a video and share it here on my blog. If you have a video tribute for Michael Jackson, be sure to support the facebook page and moonwalk!!

It's always great to see people come together. I'm a huge supporter of all things positive and thoughtful. Sure, you can watch the Hills or go read a celeb blog and see who has their cottage cheese out this week. But why not join together with other fans to pay tribute to a legend who has changed music and I'm sure in a lot of cases, lives. Can't wait to see your videos!!

For the full article: MJ Moonwalk Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment